Yesterday Craig told me that he has stopped praying for our paperwork and has started praying for patience. Well, our prayers for both were answered as today we heard that our paperwork is complete and that on Monday we will be able to go to Soacha (Carlos's home town) and sign the final paperwork. We will start in the morning with signatures and then in the afternoon we will get our paperwork notarized. Monday should mark the day when Carlos is officially a Wenke!
I am hoping that Carlos will let us take a few pictures of places that were important to him, but as of now he is determined that there will be no pictures taken. I know that life was very difficult for him in Soacha, so we will not push him, but still I hope! Tuesday, we will be going to the US embassy. I would think we would be hearing some English there!! (Jared is really missing his native tongue! - I actually fear that he really will kiss the ground in a public place when we get back to the US!) The visa will probably take a couple of days and then we have to take Carlos to a doctor before we can return. The United States requires a doctors visit prior to return. Interestingly enough, Spain & France do not require that step. Anyway, we are certainly hoping to return home by the end of next week or early the following. Time will tell....as for right now we are continuing to pray for patience.
I am hoping that Carlos will let us take a few pictures of places that were important to him, but as of now he is determined that there will be no pictures taken. I know that life was very difficult for him in Soacha, so we will not push him, but still I hope! Tuesday, we will be going to the US embassy. I would think we would be hearing some English there!! (Jared is really missing his native tongue! - I actually fear that he really will kiss the ground in a public place when we get back to the US!) The visa will probably take a couple of days and then we have to take Carlos to a doctor before we can return. The United States requires a doctors visit prior to return. Interestingly enough, Spain & France do not require that step. Anyway, we are certainly hoping to return home by the end of next week or early the following. Time will tell....as for right now we are continuing to pray for patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment